I though it's about time to update my blog! Lots of things have been happening recently which have prevented me from writing regular content. But fear not for I can now share some of what I've been up to. Over the last month I have commissioned a new VPS for all things development! I have been tampering with running my own infrastructure for a long time and I'm pleased to say I have been successful. Here are some of the edited highlights:
- I now have a dedicated email address! If you would like to get hold of me please email me at [email protected]. I'd love to hear from you!
- I've set up a centralised Git server for my portfolio work. Yes GitHub / Bitbucket / Gitlab are great services but it's always nice to have your own. You can find it here http://gogs.dev.dylanscott.me. Over the coming months I will be adding various different things here - Please feel free to clone and hack away! Although due to the private nature of this server I can't accept PR's
- I'm running a charitable campaign this year called Give a Gift. I was struggling to find something worthwhile to do but for the next 12 months I will be donating to 12 different causes. Please check it out and support me in this challenge!
- I've finished my first up to date portfolio piece - A React Blog frontend. This was based on the tutorial series I wrote here for an API. This to me seemed like a logical place to start. Most of the hard work was done already. Obviously this is just a PoC so not all the endpoints are implemented but it is something I'm proud of! Check it out here http://gogs.dev.dylanscott.me/dylanrhysscott/react-blog
- Last but not least I'm planning some more tutorials in the coming weeks so keep an eye
Well I think that's everything. Please check out the projects I'm working on and I look forward to hearing your feedback via my social media :)